Obviously we don’t want you to spend your ENTIRE holiday obsessing over how to take the perfect and most Instagram worthy photo, however, we have compiled a few top tips and tricks to help you achieve the perfect holiday snap in the easiest way possible!
- Make sure you have a clear focus within your photo – on an iPhone, you can tap the screen in order to focus in on a certain spot.
- Instead of zooming in which can make a photo blurry and out of focus, crop the photo after. This acts as a zooming tool without decreasing the quality of the photo.
- Filters are great but don’t over do it. Once again, adding too many filters can decrease the quality of the photo, making it pixelated and grainy. Stick to filters that enhance the colour or the mood that the photo portrays – most phone cameras, as well as Instagram, allow you to adjust the strength of the filter. Remember, less is very often more.
- It’s not just filters that can be used to improve your photos. Play around with the lighting, colour saturation and contrast tools when editing your photos but once again, don’t over do it. We are guilty as anyone of wanting the sea to look as blue as possible but when the beautiful turquoise sea of Bali has been so saturated that it screams ‘OVER EDITING NIGHTMARE’, it may be time to tone it down.
- There are a number of apps you can use to edit photos, so don’t just stick to Instagram. You can use Whitagram, PicStitch, Layout and many more. Explore your options!
- It may seem simple but check that your camera lens is clean before taking a photo – a dirty lens can ruin some potentially beautiful photos.
- Positioning is important for the photographer as well as the people in the photo. Make sure the photographer is standing in front of the light and not facing it – this prevents the photo from coming out dark.
Put these tips and tricks to use and soon you will be the perfect holiday photographer! Send us some of your best holiday snaps and let us judge – there’s nothing we enjoy more than seeing you enjoying your travels so make sure that you #ShareTheLove with Just Love Travel.0